Sunday, September 9, 2007

Beyonce - The Latina


Beyonce has told Latina Magazine, "I'm just jealous that I wasn't born Latina. I wish I had been because the culture is so beautiful." Perhaps not the brightest statement Beyonce has ever made...

Someone on TMZ commented the following: "Somebody let this woman know that appreciating a culture is great, but actually wishing [and perhaps morphing] yourself into it is a little annoying."

Beyonce continued: "I noticed a big difference between speaking to all of the Latino stations and speaking to the pop stations or the other stations. With the Latino stations, there was so much love and everyone is so genuine."

I wonder why Beyonce said these comments, perhaps to simply gain more of a latino audiance? In any case, it's not too wise showing preference for a certain race when you're such a famous person.

Do you find her comments offensive or do you prefer to simply focus on her music and ignore her personal beliefs?

No comments:

Post a Comment