Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Arroyo, Artest & Blair - NBA's Summer of Music

 Miami Heat point guard Carlos Arroyo is the latest NBA player to enter the arena of music this summer. His latest single, "Se Va Conmigo" featuring Yomo, hit the top 20 on iTunes Latin music chart. 
 "Reggaeton is the music of my country," Arroyo said. "This is what the people my age are listening to, my people. It's what I listened to growing up. Music and basketball, it's a great mix. I feel very fortunate that I can go to a national team game in Puerto Rico and on the way to the game I can hear myself on the radio. It's crazy. It's overwhelming. It's a blessing."
 In July, San Antonio Spurs power forward Dejuan Blair released "2 Hard Living" with P.O.P. (Chicken + Young Meez). The song is a moving tribute to their friend Antonio Hampton who was killed in 2006.
 
 Forward Ron Artest, arguably basketball's most prolific music artist since Shaquille O'Neal's rhyming days, jump started the summer of jams with his prophetic song "Champions." He recorded it a year before becoming a champ with the Lakers. I wonder if he's taking time this summer to record a joint called "Back to Back."
 What do you think? Which baller has the hottest jam of the summer- Arroyo, Artest or Blair? 
 Follow Mojo on Twitter at @Mojohoops.com
 Follow Mojo on Facebook at Mojo Hoops Fan Page.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment