Saturday, January 29, 2011

Debbie Gibson :: Had Her Meltdowns

Famous Singer Debbie Gibson can relate to current stars Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears  because she too has had her fair share meltdowns.

Speaking to PopEater,Debbie Gibson revealed she started to go off the rails back in the 1980s.

Gibson  said.“I had my meltdowns then and still have them now, but I just do them in private,”

Debbie says :" Spears’ infamous head-shaving incident ultimately boosted the singer’s career."
She said :
“It was a great thing for her next hit record,”

“People were like, ‘She’s back. She’s thriving again!’ And then they want her to melt down again. And they want to lift her up again. I heard a great phrase once that goes, ‘America loves a good comeback.’”

She recently compared herself to Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne.



Debbie said about the beginning of her career.


“At that time they were all like ‘put her in a little black dress and put on heels’. They were trying to vamp me up because it’s an easier sell,” 
“I always said ‘I’m not comfortable with that. That’s not me, let the other girls do that’.

“I look at Avril Lavigne or I look at Taylor Swift. You know, they still wear high-tops with their gown to an award show. That was me.”

Watch Debbie Gibson video:

No comments:

Post a Comment