Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yaya Herman Dune - When the sun rose up this morning

Alright, I think it's time to share a little bit more of my world with you, I mean the less "superficial " part of it!

You know this feeling , when you like something or someone so much, that you can't be bothered to share it with anybody else... You want to keep it your own!

This is the way I feel about Herman Dune. David's voice makes me travel indescribable journeys. I close my eyes and I can catch the scent of freshly cut grass, no matter where I am, my life pauses for a moment... I love to think that I could have written the lyrics he sings ( with a little help from God and some more skills that are non-existent at the time being). When listening to "I Wish That I Could See You Soon", "My Baby is Afraid of Sharks" or "Whatever Burns The Best Baby" ( I could just go on and on and on with dozen of incredible songs), I just feel like David is a really close friend, I'd have told my story to, then magically, amazing tunes would have been created as a wonderful gift to me.
I know, I know, it's a little bit weird to feel that close to an artist you don't even personally know! But I guess, that's the magic of art, of music , of writing. He says his music has been inspired by the songs of Bob Dylan, Chuck Berry, Harry Belafonte, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, The Coasters or Leonard Cohen... Meant to be GENIUS.

So here you go, enjoy, play it again, again and again & I promise to feed you every now and then with you doze of Hermane Dune:

No comments:

Post a Comment