Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dwight Howard Bitches, But He's Moving On!!!

Dwight Howard has broken the first rule of DPOY Club- "Don't foul out on cheap calls and then bitch about it." His poor techniques have led his teammates to call him "Foul on You." In round one, he committed 22 fouls in 4 games against the Bobcats who don't have a truly dominant low post threat on either end of the court.
Howard gets boards and blocks. He is a force in the paint with great size and strength.
"My teammates say when we wrestle I shouldn't use 100 percent of my strength," he said before game 4. "They said I should use 50 or 40 percent. So that's been the main focus, using 40 percent of my strength to hold guys off." He fouled out anyway.
Yesterday Howard was fined $35,000 in David Stern's new "Don't Dis My Refs" campaign which is steadily approaching it's goal of raising a million dollars during the playoffs. Howard was thoughtful enough to put his complaints in his blog instead of using the mainstream media, but Czar Stern zapped him anyway.
In his blog entry called "More frustration, but we're moving on!!!" Howard wrote, "I'm not looking to say anything to get myself in trouble with the league, but I just don't see other star players getting called for fouls the way I get them. No star player in the league is outta games the way I am. I even talked to Pat Ewing about his career and he said he never had foul trouble like what I'm going through." That's because Patrick had skills getting positioning in the paint and boxing out. Ditto Shaq, Tim Duncan and any other "star player" big man.
Bitching about the refs after winning a four game sweep is weak. A DPOY bitching about ticky tack calls night after night is dubious. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy complained that Howard wasn't being seriously considered for MVP. Please. How about Dwight Howard, Whiner Of The Year.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment