Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sheed Being Sheed


Rasheed Wallace has been fined $35,000 for blasting the refs after Boston's game 1 win over the Heat. He said, "It's a little bit of madness, actually. Because at times I know they're out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don't like to be cheated. I can  deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my ass busted. I just don't like to be cheated, bottom line.
"We also have to look out for the Wade factor. We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he's not a good player. Don't get me wrong. But I mean, c'mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know."
It's not surprising that he was fined for complaining about the refs and publicly speculating on conspiracies. I am surprised that it only cost him $5,000 more than the "Both teams played hard" mantra press conference in 2003.  
Wallace might have a point with his latest statement. Banished gambling ref Tim Donaghy admitted in his book that some refs have it in for Sheed. Wallace thought Donaghy was one of them. Even so, Sheed brings some of it on himself. How else could he have had seasons where he had 41 and 38 techs called on him?
Speaking of bringing it on himself, here's more of Sheed being Sheed. 
Video don't lie. 
God bless and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment