Sunday, August 19, 2007

Prince Concert: August 17th!


Prince's concert was amazing, I feel so fortunate to be one of the lucky people to have seen it! Seeing him play guitar live is simply mindblowing!

Unfortunately, he didn't show up at the after show and it's really too bad because I was just a few meters from the stage. However, his band made a great jazz performance. Marva King performed a great version of "Tell ME Something Good". Shelby performed "Tears Dry on their Own" and "Crazy". I heard that Maya performed at 2:30 am but I didn't stick around for her performance as I thought that the show was over after the NPG left. Maya was also the support act before the concert started and sang some songs of her new album "Liberation". I'm not a fan of Maya, therefore I don't think that I'll be a good judge of her performance but I saw some fans having a great time.

Well I hope that I'll get another chance one day to see him either in concert or at an after show concert, I can assure you that seeing him once is not enough!

The only problem I encountered during the concert was drunk people. I really encourage to go easy on the drinking when going to any concert, it's not fair on those of us who simply want to enjoy the show. Some people were behaving pretty badly, spilling beer on people and being way too noisy.

It's a good thing that I'm such a huge fan of Prince, because I just ignored all of these people got into the music, danced, sang and enjoyed it to the max!

Here's the playlist of the Friday, August 17th concert:

1. 1999
2. Take me with U
3. Guitar
4. Shhh
5. Musicology
6. Play that funky music
7. Satisfied
8. *Maceo solo
9. Cream
10. U got the look
11. 7
12. Come Together
13. Little Red Corvette
14. Diamonds and Pearls
15. Beautiful Ones
16. Raspberry Beret
17. Soft and wet
18. Sign O The Times
19. Pop Life
20. She's Always in my Hair
21. Alphabet Street
22. I Wanna be your lover
23. When Doves Cry
24. Erotic City
25. I Wanna be your lover (reprise?)
26. If I was your girlfriend
27. Black Sweat
28. Kiss
29. Purple Rain
30. Let’s go Crazy (Encore)
31. I Feel 4 U
32. Controversy w/ Housequake chant

If you have any questions about the show, the 02, the Indigo2 feel free to ask!

If you also attended this concert or any other Prince concert please give me your feedback or comments, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment