Thursday, November 25, 2010

Delonte West's Tough Breaks Keep Coming

 Delonte West suffered a compound fracture of his right wrist while going for a layup against the Nets. The Celtics' guard was playing his fifth game of the season after serving a ten game league suspension for pleading guilty to gun charges.
 "It's broken for sure," said Celtics' coach Doc Rivers. "We don't know anything more than that. It's a compound fracture, most likely. It's going to be a long time, let's just put it that way."
 "It's tough mentally to deal with injury," said Paul Pierce. "I can't imagine how he feels right now. I know he's frustrated because he's had a long road to getting back on the court, and for him to be sitting again, it's going to be tough on him. It's up to the players to keep him involved mentally, make him still feel like a part of the team. I think that's the most important things when guys get hurt."
 "He must be so frustrated," Coach Rivers said. "I can't even imagine. I can't speak to it. It's like nothing I've ever gone through. It must be extremely frustrating."
 "It's tragic for Delonte," said Celtics' GM Danny Ainge. "Basketball is a very important part of his life. I hate to see this happen. But Delonte will be able to return late in the season to help us."

No comments:

Post a Comment