Sunday, February 28, 2010

Artest: If you can't beat 'em....


This year we have bliss. Remember when we had this?



Ron Artest locked down Carmelo Anthony & even suckered him into fouling out on a cheap offensive foul call in crunch time. It was vintage Artest. His new weight loss plan is helping.

2 months ago he weighed 266, 20 pounds more than when he won Defensive Player of the Year in 2004 with the Pacers. He's recently changed his diet (eating mostly veggies), and went from 30 to 45 minutes daily on the treadmill, even on road games in the team's hotel.

Before the Nuggets game, he said "I think the running has helped me shed a lot of weight. That was the key, a 45-minute run. A 30-minute run wasn't doing it."

Artest added, "I'm moving quick. I've played good defense. It started with [Corey] Maggette in the fourth quarter then it went to [Paul] Pierce and then to Rudy [Gay], when I held him below his average. I held Shawn [Marion] a point below his average, although he's not a big scorer."

Carmelo is his latest victim. Lakers 95 - Nuggets 89.

No comments:

Post a Comment